Official Title: "Surgical Management of Intravenous Leiomyomatosis With Intracardiac Extension: Our Experience and Outcomes"
Intravenous leiomyomatosis (IVL) with intracardiac extension is a rare benign smooth muscle tumor. Reviewing literature, intracardiac extension of the IVL has been reported in at least 70 cases. Most are individual case reports. Surgical experience is not much. However, different opinion of surgical strategies remain controversial. The purpose of this report is to describe our experience of surgical management for the IVL with intracardiac extension.
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design: Observational Model: Cohort, Time Perspective: Retrospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: April 2012
Detailed Clinical Trial Description
All patients underwent surgical management. Clinical data were obtained from medical reports. Following-up was made through email and telephone.
Criteria for Participation in this Clinical Trial
- Age more than 18 years.
- Tumor markers were all within normal limits.
- Patients underwent surgical management.
- Patients were followed-up for more than 12 months.
-Tumor markers were all within abnormal limits
Gender Eligibility for this Clinical Trial: Female
Minimum Age for this Clinical Trial: 18 Years
Maximum Age for this Clinical Trial: 80 Years
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted for this Clinical Trial: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Clinical Trial Investigator Information
- Lead Sponsor
- Li Yang
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Sponsor-Investigator: Li Yang, Doctor - General Hospital of Beijing PLA Military Region
- Overall Official(s)
- Genetal Hospital Beijing Military Region, First class, Principal Investigator, Institute of Cardiovascular Disease